Monday, May 16, 2011

Desire to help others

Lately I find myself thinking more and more about ways I can help others. I want to help our community become a better place. I want to start a Community Youth Center for children all the way up to age 18 when they graduate. Where they can come for homework help, a quiet place to read, indoor games, indoor exercise like a rock climbing wall, and so much more. I have all of these ideas just swirling in my head and yet I have no idea where to even begin to make my dream come true.

On the complete other end of the spectrum, I find myself yearning to travel the world as a Missionary helping those less fortunate. Perhaps I could help in some medical capacity as an assistant in third world countries where 100's of thousands of people go without medical care because they live to far away from medical clinics to get help. The dream seems so unrealistic and out of reach yet I can't let it go. I hope and pray that some day when my children are grown I may have the chance to fulfill my dream.

Until then I will continue to do the work I do here in my community as an EMT. I will continue to work on figuring out if starting a Community Youth Center is feasible. And I will love and cherish the time I have with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment